The story of Smith's rehabilitation by former SWP chumrade Michael Lavalette's Social Work department was first broken on the Angry Women of Liverpool blog last Monday. The University responded by threatening legal action over a statement on how much Lavalette was involved in the process, and totally ignored questions of student and staff safety.
The Delta Removals campaign group called for this mass questioning on Monday. The following is a repost from their blog:
"Understandably, students and staff will be concerned. So we still need answers to the following serious questions:
· Is Martin Smith on campus in any capacity?
· Is Martin Smith studying for a PhD at Hope University?
· Is this PhD funded? If so, who by?
· Is Martin Smith going to be teaching during his time at Hope?
· What role did Professor Lavalette play in Martin Smith coming to Hope?
· What measures have been put in place to make sure students and staff are safe around Martin Smith?
Delta Removals are calling on anyone concerned by these issues to contact the university this Wednesday, 30th October, between 9 am and 5 pm. Please forward any responses to Delta.Removals2013@gmail.com. Also email this address if you would like to be involved in the campaign."
Find a contact list at the Delta Removals page.